Wednesday, May 15, 2013

When Gas Stations Were Fun To Go To!

Yes, those were the good, old days. And, yes, they were really, really good.
Gas stations that would do everything for you are long gone.  I miss the free coffee and a morning newspaper when you got gas.


Attendants would dote on their regular lady customers and make you feel pretty even if you were over 60 or under 10.
I will bet that we had fewer medical problems when other people helped us through life--even if it was filling our tires, checking under the hood or putting the newest gasoline into our car.


I never do any work on my car now, if I can help it, and my car shows years of neglect. The windshield wipers have never been replaced and white, weird volcanic piles are on the battery.
Oh, for those very good days. So distant, so long ago.




Through the door there came familiar laughter
I saw your face and heard you call my name
Oh, my friend, we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same...

Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
Those were the days
Oh, yes, those were the days 


No comments:

In the Spotlight

Son & Father : The Two Edgar Kaufmanns

Grace Stoops Kaufmann, wife of the famous owner of Fallingwater, Bear Run, second wife to Edgar Kaufmann, Sr. Far from dying at the Kaufmann...