Memorial Day

For Memorial Day, I'm posting this photo. It's a bit different take on our veterans and their families. My late half-brother, Harold Hatch served in WWII stationed in Morocco. He was a radioman on a bomber. When the war ended, he was returned stateside. This is the scene in my folks house, as the family awaited his call to let us know he arrived safely in the states. In the photo is his fiancee, Madeline Larrabee, my mother Marjorie Bernklow, and two best friends and neighbors, George and Lydia Clark. My dad was the photographer. The anticipation was palpable as one can see. The photo tells the story, and he soon called to everyone's delight.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Heath Ledger and Insomnia

Red Dress Manor - Ellen's Home

The Delectable Food of the Hmongs