Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

For Memorial Day, I'm posting this photo. It's a bit different take on our veterans and their families. My late half-brother, Harold Hatch served in WWII stationed in Morocco. He was a radioman on a bomber. When the war ended, he was returned stateside. This is the scene in my folks house, as the family awaited his call to let us know he arrived safely in the states. In the photo is his fiancee, Madeline Larrabee, my mother Marjorie Bernklow, and two best friends and neighbors, George and Lydia Clark. My dad was the photographer. The anticipation was palpable as one can see. The photo tells the story, and he soon called to everyone's delight.

No comments:

In the Spotlight

Son & Father : The Two Edgar Kaufmanns

Grace Stoops Kaufmann, wife of the famous owner of Fallingwater, Bear Run, second wife to Edgar Kaufmann, Sr. Far from dying at the Kaufmann...