The Ray Charles Project
Featuring vocalists Tony Lindsay, Kenny Washington, Glenn Walters
(with members of Santana, Etta James, Tower Of Power)
Also Lost Dog Found
Ray Charles covers ~ The Ray Charles Project, a musical trip through the hits.• swing
8:00 PM door • 8:30 PM show
Cost-$15 advance / $18 day of show • 21+
The Last Day Saloon
120 Fifth St.
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Wednesday April 4th 2012 8pm
The Ray Charles Project featuring Tony Lindsay, David K. Mathews, Chris Cain & Glenn Walters
Ray Charles covers ~ The Ray Charles Project, a musical trip through the hits
Yoshi's San Francisco
1330 Fillmore Street
SF, CA 94115
David K. Mathews
Comments from the musicians about their experience with The Ray Charles Project and about Ray too!
- Our gig at Yoshi's Oakland was so well received,we've decided to do another one! Come see three great singers each give their respective take on songs from the vast Ray Charles songbook! Featuring my fellow Santana bandmate Tony Lindsay on vocals..Also, former singer of the legendary Hoodoo Rhythm Devils Glenn Walters and beloved South Bay guitarist/vocalist Chris Cain. Chris will also be playing some excellent Ray Charles piano stylings as well and maybe even some saxophone! There'll be some special guests too!
- We had BIG fun the last show.....Come on and hang with us again!
- **"In my 20 years with Etta James we played numerous shows with Ray Charles,so I got to see "The Genius" at close quarters.Ray's place as a musical innovator and cross cultural unifier in American music is legendary..From Blues to Gospel,to Jazz, to Country and Western,Ray put his unique stamp on a lot of what is great in American Music.Now I get a chance to pay tribute to Ray with some of my favorite Bay area musicians! All of these guys have close ties to Ray's music,and while our shows have been impromptu affairs,the level of musicianship and fun has been high! Three great singers,and my favorite rhythm section makes this a very cool hang." Dave K. Mathews
- ** "Let's get this party started. I love being one of the performers in The Ray Charles Project. Not only is Ray one of the leading Forces of Black Music, his contribution to American Music is tremendous. The joy on our fans faces when they come out to see the show lets us know that we are doing the right thing." Tony Lindsay
- **"I'd like to add Ray Charles was a musical genius and through both voice and piano created some of the most heart felt music in the world." Deszon X. Claiborne
**"Of all the male singers I've ever heard in my 50+ years in the music biz, Ray Charles is the only one who couldgive me goose bumps. I can't compare myself to "The Genius" but, one thing I think I have in common with him is a
love and respect for all musical genres and a refusal to be pigeonholed. If I learned anything from Ray, it's that
pretty much any song can be mined for musical gold if you put your soul into it. My usual repertoire contains so
many of Ray's songs that doing this show with the great line-up we have is like putting on a comfortable old pair of
shoes." Glenn Walters