Hasselback Potatoes with Parmesan and Roasted Garlic
- 6 to 7 large red potatoes
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush bottom and sides of a baking dish or cast iron skillet with olive oil.
- Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice potatoes crosswise into desired thickness. Arrange potato slices vertically and loosely in prepared dish or skillet.
- Sprinkle garlic and Italian seasoning on top of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dot potatoes with butter. Cover skillet or dish with foil and bake in a 375 F oven for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp.
I sliced my potatoes at about 1/4 inch thick as I like my potatoes "meaty". The thinner the slice, the crispier the potatoes get.