Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fall Into Mixed Media At Avalon.



Fall Into Mixed Media. At Avalon.
Friday, October 11, 2013 5-9 PM
 

Avalon presents Fall Into Mixed Media
Opening Reception
Friday, October 11, 2013 5-9 PM

Wander an Autumn evening
Into the warmth of beauty
Savor small morsels while
Sipping wine and bubbly

Avalon Salon
1016 B. Street
San Rafael, CA
415.454.9616

Exhibition
October 11, 2013 - December 31, 2013
Please visit us on upcoming Art Walk evenings.
We will rotate pieces into the upcoming shows.

Downtown San Rafael Artwalks-
Friday, November 8, 2013 5-8 PM
Friday, December 13, 2013 5-8 PM
www.2ndfridaysartwalk.com

Marsha Balian Mixed Media Artist
My work is propelled by a sense of mystery. I never know what or
who will appear. The force of curiosity holds my attention captive
like a “whodunit” without the structure of a crime. The process is
like unraveling a riddle, resolving an equation. Doing mixed media allows
me to make use of disparate materials, occasionally giving bits
of detritus new life. Adding the element of my own drawing gives
the faces in my work expression and character.
www.marshabalian.com

Gordon Studer
I’ve worked out of my Emeryville, CA studio as a freelance illustrator
for the past 20 years. I graduated from Penn State University with a
BFA in drawing and painting. After years of commercial work, I am
now returning to my fine art roots. Working with layers of paint and
mixed media, I am influenced heavily by my many years of computer
work with Adobe Photoshop. I’ve taught at the California College of
Arts where my students continually took advantage of me.
www.gordonstuder.com

Barbara Crow
When working in collage or paint, what motivates me is the element
of chance, watching what happens when I get out of the way. Each
mark creates subtle gestures, juxtapositions, edges, and transitions
as content and layers develop. As I apply paint, cover and uncover,
texture builds on the surface leading me to the next step. My intent
is to create a work that holds suggestive ideas or images but lets
viewers experience it in their own way.
www.barbaracrowart.com



No comments:

In the Spotlight

Son & Father : The Two Edgar Kaufmanns

Grace Stoops Kaufmann, wife of the famous owner of Fallingwater, Bear Run, second wife to Edgar Kaufmann, Sr. Far from dying at the Kaufmann...